Hi all, after 1 week of on and off hacking, I realized I simply don't know
enough about how memory works fundamentally!

Could you point me to a source of information about all the things someone
should know before he starts writing a memory scanner?  Attached is my
current code, which doesn't work and can't figure out why. That's where I
am at.

> code starts.

import ctypes

User32 = ctypes.WinDLL('User32', use_last_error=True)
Kernel32 = ctypes.WinDLL('kernel32', use_last_error=True)

PID = 5924

PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION = 0x0400
PROCESS_VM_READ = 0x0010

Process = Kernel32.OpenProcess(PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION|PROCESS_VM_READ,
False, PID)
ReadProcessMemory = Kernel32.ReadProcessMemory

buffer = ctypes.create_string_buffer(4)
bufferSize = (ctypes.sizeof(buffer))

# I think instead of using 1000000000, I should use the size of the total
# memory used. but I don't know how to find this value.
for n in range(1000000000):
    if ReadProcessMemory(Process, n, buffer, bufferSize, None):
        print('buffer: ',buffer)
    else:
        print('something is wrong!')

print('Done.')