On 18/12/17 15:42, Juan Mayén wrote:
> learning Linux and completing banditoverthewire exercises. Now though I am
> interested in at least building one small application, I was thinking of
> building a web crawler, or create a bot that will help me place trades in
> crypto currency market.
>
> All suggestions and recommendations are welcomed!!

Popular wisdom suggests that the third party package
"Requests" is superior to the standard library
urllib.request module for web access. You might
like to start with its documentation and examples.

For parsing the HTML returned you can use ElementTree
(etree) or some of the other third party modules.
But etree usually suffices.

Try writing something and if you get stuck send us
the offending code and any error messages(unedited please)
Plus any input/output data.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site