On 03/02/18 02:12, JSelby wrote:
>    My 8 year old is reading  Python for kids and is trying a few programs
>    from the book We are working on a Mac  OS X ELCapitain.  We are looking at
>    WHACK THE BOUNCING BALL.
>    He has copied the code  below and we get the red error message below.

This is a text only mailing list so attachments get stripped
by the server. Please resend but cut 'n paste the actual text
into the mail message, don't use an attachment.

If that doesn't work you could post the attachments on a
web server and send a link that we can view.

For the error messages be sure to send the entire message
not just a few lines or summary.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site