On 04/04/2018 05:07 PM, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:
> On 04/04/18 16:10, Evapcoop, Evapcoop wrote:
>> I wanted to know if it is possible to use Nimblenet and all it's
>> associated packages with Python3.6.> From what I have read, that library is
>> compatible with Python2.7.
>
> I think you just answered your own question. If the package is
> designed for v2.7 its extremely unlikely to work in 3.6 even if
> you did succeed in importing it. The differences between 2.7
> and 3.6 are significant.
>
> But this forum is the wrong place to ask. We are focused on the
> Python language and standard library. For detailed info you
> really need to ask the nimblenet developers/support fora.

Having no idea what nimblenet is I do see from a lightning search that
it's tied into numpy somehow.  So you may get some joy from asking in
the Anaconda forums as well - the whole reason for existence of the
Anaconda distribution is to make it reasonable to install things to do
with Numerical and Scientific Python without some of the headaches
sometimes associated with doing so from scratch - you seem to be trying
the conda route, so maybe someone has blazed the trail before you?

Also this is more supposition, but the fact that the line

      3 from __future__ import print_function

appears in the traceback means it's at least _possible_ Python 3
compatibility of the package has been considered - that's one of the
most obvious and visible changes, that print becomes a function instead
of a statement, and that was added to the future module somewhere along
the line in the Py2 series.

Best of luck in your searches!