On 20/11/2018 18:08, Avi Gross wrote:

We have two completely separate ways to format strings that end up with fairly
similar functionality. Actually, there is an implicit third way 😊

You could argue five ways :-)

1. C printf style formatting https://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#printf-style-string-formatting 2. New style string formatting https://docs.python.org/3/library/string.html#string-formatting 3. f-strings https://docs.python.org/3/reference/lexical_analysis.html#f-strings 4. String templates https://docs.python.org/3/library/string.html#template-strings 5. String methods https://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#string-methods

Any advance on five anybody?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence