Mats,

This may not be a direct answer to your question but I have used more
generic tools in a way that might make some sense.

You can use a videoconference tool such as SKYPE to connect and have one of
you share your screen with the otgher so you can see whatever is open such
as an editor they are editing code in and another running python
interactively as well as any pop-up windows and so on. You can talk them
through things like change the next line ...

You can also have part of the screen on which you can do text chat such as
sending them some text to paste into their program or even push a download
of files or receive them.

Not quite the same shared editing experience but there are ways to use
something like Google Docs to collaborate and perhaps even set up to run
python directly on the remote file or just copy/paste it. Of course, the
shared editor would ideally not be a full-blown text processor or even
understand python code.

There are also ways to take over their computer (with permission) and have
it accept your commands as you demonstrate things.

I recall a web site I once used in a course that allowed me to crerate and
save python code that it ran remotely:

http://www.codeskulptor.org/

Each time you save a file, you get a URL like this:

http://www.codeskulptor.org/#user45_M9Oefx1vom_0.py

If you click on that URL it should show the minor code I made and let you
edit it and then I can click and see the change. This being an open forum,
multiple people may do so.

On that screen, the leftmost small menu item near the top runs the code with
output on the right panel. The second saves the current code under the same
URKL that you maybe would bookmark. Other controls let you save a local
copy, etc.

Note there is a version 3 version to use at:

https://py3.codeskulptor.org/

Some of these techniques may be helpful for anyone wanting some interaction
but I do not claim they handle well having two people edit files at the same
time. You can always GIT.

Avi