> On Dec 1, 2018, at 05:41, Henrique Castro <henrique...@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you guys, I'll try to contact the Conda community.
> Alan Gauld, good to know. I suggest that you try to spread the news to Fermi
> Lab, CERN and other research centers.
> Sometimes when you need a specific setting it is just easier to pre-build
> your distro than to repeat the same configuration hundreds of times.

So it sounds like you have local network connectivity, but do not have external
internet access?  I ask, because I wonder how you are copying the data to the
system from your computer that does have an internet connection.

Is there no internet access at all?  By that, I mean is there also no web proxy
that can be used?

If a proxy exists, it may be possible to do something like define an http_proxy

os.environ['http_proxy’]=‘yourproxy:port'

It looks to me like you have a bigger problem than being able to “install
conda.”  Even after conda is functioning, errors like :

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "qm7_ANI.py", line 15, in <module>
   featurizer='BPSymmetryFunction', split='stratified', move_mean=False)
 File
"/home/henrique/bin/anaconda3/envs/deepchem/lib/python3.6/site-packages/deepchem/molnet/load_function/qm7_datasets.py",
 line 50, in load_qm7_from_mat
   'http://deepchem.io.s3-website-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/datasets/qm7.mat'

tell me it is always going to want to use the internet to access datasets in
AWS.  Unless you can use a web proxy, or possibly get a local mirror of the
deepchem.io data on a university system you _can_ reach, this may not be
possible to resolve.

—
David Rock
da...@graniteweb.com