On 24/02/2019 05:00, boB Stepp wrote:

> curses.resizeterm(nlines, ncols)ΒΆ
>
> Resize the standard and current windows to the specified dimensions,
> and adjusts other bookkeeping data used by the curses library that
> record the window dimensions (in particular the SIGWINCH handler).
> </quote>
>
> After much experimentation -- to no good effect -- I have concluded
> that "resizeterm" does *not* mean resize the terminal window that the
> curses program is running within.

Correct. curses knows nothing about the GUI window.
Curses is a windowing toolkit for use inside a
standard 24x80 text terminal. You can have multiple
small windows inside the screen and move/resize them.
Each one can have its own individual textual content.

It is how we built forms based applications before
GUIs were invented. Nowadays it's mostly used for screen
and cursor control within the single main window.
(A similar graphical text style framework on DOS
was TurboVision by Borland).

If you used curses to draw a border round your
window then call resizeterm you might see
something happening...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site