Wow!  What a treasure of information.

>From the looks of it, I'm going to give colorama a try.  It seems like it
will do what I want to do, and, if I'm reading the documentation correctly,
it will work cross platform.  Ie: if I am in Linux, it will simply be
ignored.  And, it appears to interpret the ANSI codes (\033[xxxm) when it
comes to Windows...

As an aside, I enjoyed the trip down memory lane.  I still have my Hercules
graphics card and my AMBER monitor for my 286 machine.  You know, the
machine that has two full-height HDD with an MFM interface and provides a
combined 20Mbyte of storage space! And of course a math co-processor...  I
no longer recall how many Kbytes of onboard memory I had, maybe 1024...   :)

Thank you so much for sharing your insights.

Best,