You'll find it discussed in a couple of places in the PySimpleGUI documentation.

For example, this was written about it under the Button Element section of the
docs:
The ENTER key :
The ENTER key is an important part of data entry for windows. There's a long
tradition of the enter key being used to quickly submit windows. PySimpleGUI
implements this by tying the ENTER key to the first button that closes or reads
a window.

The Enter Key can be "bound" to a particular button so that when the key is
pressed, it causes the window to return as if the button was clicked. This is
done using the bind_return_key parameter in the button calls.
If there are more than 1 button on a window, the FIRST button that is of type
Close window or Read window is used. First is determined by scanning the
window, top to bottom and left to right.

When questions like this arise on PySimpleGUI, I recommend pulling up the docs
and pressing Control-F to do a search.

@mike