On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 5:19 PM boB Stepp <robertvst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 1:05 PM David L Neil
> <pytu...@danceswithmice.info> wrote:
>
> > I'm using Gnome Terminal under Fedora (Linux). This allows multiple
> > terminals in tabs (and thus Ctrl-Tab rapid-switching). However, it
> > irritates me that whilst I can set "profiles" for particular purposes;
> > there does not seem to be a way to save a 'session'. Thus each time
> > Terminal re-starts, I have to re-build each terminal, manually.
> >
> > (suggestions of other similar tools would be most welcome)
>
> I may be mistaken, but I think that a terminal multiplexer like tmux
> (https://github.com/tmux/tmux/wiki) is capable of session management.
> I have no personal use of tmux, but have been intrigued enough about
> others referring to it that eventually I will get around to seriously
> checking it out.

Actually, tmux is starting to look more and more interesting.  David,
I think you might this helpful.  I am currently looking at an
introduction to tmux by a Stack Overflow developer.  This article is
at https://www.hamvocke.com/blog/a-quick-and-easy-guide-to-tmux/
(There was a link to this on the tmux wiki I sent out a link to
earlier.)  I think I may start playing around with this!

--
boB