Forwarding to list....

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        RE: [Tutor] pointers or references to variables or sub-sets of
variables query.
Date:   Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:13:23 +1000
From:   mhysnm1...@gmail.com
To:     'Alan Gauld' <alan.ga...@yahoo.co.uk>

All,

Sorry for the late response. I have moved my program to SQLite. AS I
found I was going down the rabbit hole of wasting time. As allan said,
the select statement and other SQL statements are far easier to work
with then writing the code yourself. What I did I learn a lot and
started my road on OOPS.

The first program I programmed on was an Apple IIE using Applesoft
basic. Tried to learn assembly 6802 myself. But never got there. In the
90's I learnt C Clipper 68 and Turbo Pascal. Never became very strong
with these languages as my roles were never programming focused. Late
90's, early 2000 forget, I learnt some basic Visual Basic 6. Again,
didn't do much with it. I learnt the basic of PERL or enough to get by.

I haven't really touched programming for years and there is a lot I have
forgotten. Never had the need to do tree's, link-lists or any complex
data structures. This time, I am trying to learn Python beyond what I
used to know.

I have used just about every type of PC since the early 80's. Even used
DEC VAX, IBM 3270's as well. Yes, been around for a while now. ????