On 2019-08-02 16:47, Malcolm Greene wrote:
They same naming is one of the two biggest challenges when it comes to
software. Or one of three if you count the "off-by-one" joke :)

Anyways, I'm looking for help coming up for the proper name for a
class that collects the following type of telemetry data that we use
for operational analysis. We use various combinations of these
attributes depending on context.

event_type
event_step
file_count
line_count
byte_count
row_count
batch_count
job_count
error_count
warning_count
duration

Here are the ways we've come up with to describe a class that collects
this info:

JobMetrics
JobStats or JobStatistics
JobTelemetry

What about TelData for the class and job_data for an instance of the class?
You might prefer TelemetryStatistics.
It seems to me that the word 'job' would be more appropriate as (or part of) an instance name rather than the class name. Sounds like a question for "an English Major". (Any Garrison Keillor fans out there?)