On 8/7/19 5:27 PM, Richard Rizk wrote:
> Thank you Cameron for your message.
>
> Please find below the error message i am receiving.
>
> I think the command line i'm running is trying to connect with the
> python3.7 that i have on my computer which is a requirement for the command
> line to work but it keeps connecting to the default python2.7 that is on
> Macbook.
>
> I'd love to jump on a 15min call if  it's possible for you.
>
> Best regards,
> Richard
>
> Error:
> -------------
>
> DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st,
> 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after
> that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7. More
> details about Python 2 support in pip, can be found at
> https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support

Whichever way you get the Python you want to work for you, use the same
way to do installs.  Thus, if it works like this:

$ python3
Python 3.7.2 (default, Dec 27 2018, 07:35:45)
[Clang 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.39.2)] on darwin

Then request your installations like this:

$ python3 -m pip install bunch-o-stuff

Your instructions probably said do "pip install bunch-o-stuff", don't do
it that way.

You can also check what you're getting this way (this is a snip from my
system, where the Python 3 came from homebrew, which is how I happen to
install it):

$ which python
/usr/bin/python    # system version, you don't want this one
$ which python3
/usr/local/bin/python