Albert Cahalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> (considering a 640x480 display)
>
> 200%  makes the stamp twice as wide
> 2     means that the stamp file is 2x what it should be
> 2/1   ? (didn't ask, but same as above would make sense)
> 2:1   ? (didn't ask)

Perhaps just using a floating point number? E.g.:

0.4

The stamp should now by default be scaled to .4 its original size
when placed in a 640×480 window.

(In higher resolutions we may want to change the scaling so the
image stays physically the same size. E.g. for 1280×960 resolution
a stamp with width 250 would by default get rendered with width
250*.4*1280/640 = 200 instead of 100.)

When the code is properly implemented, we may think about
supporting arbitrary scaling steps. The interface should
definately *not* be more difficult to use than the one we have
now, but perhaps a slider with one button (scale up/down one step
(current step size)) on each side would work? Something like this:

---       ---

Here one can either use the old system of pushing to buttons, or
move the (stepless) slider to set the size. (One annoyance I have
with the current system is that the steps are too large,
particulary when scaling up. This would fix this.)

Unless someone objects, I'll add a feature request for this to the
SF tracker.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer