On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 11:24:37AM -0500, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> Consider the code for drawing a stamp outline, and the
> code for responding to a stamp control button press.
> Can those run at the same time? Can one preempt the
> other one?

Nope.  Everything's event driven.  Drawing the stamp outline occurs
when the mouse is moved (motion event).  The stamp change occurs when
a stamp button is clicked (mouse click event).

> I'd like to have the stamp controls set up a bitmap for
> the stamp outline renderer. I need to know if I must use
> an SDL surface with locking, or if I can use something
> simpler and faster.

If what you do interrupts the event loop (as most things do, like saving,
not ;^) ), you can probably do it your 'faster' way.

Though I'm curious, what would that be?

Also, you don't happen to be considering alpha-blended stamps under the
mouse before placement...? :)

-bill!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                               Have I been helpful?
http://newbreedsoftware.com/    http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick