On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 21:23, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Albert Cahalan wrote:
>
> > One thing that may need to change for a PC is the place where
> > a double is compared against zero. Instead of this:
> >
> >       if(dst.sat>0)
> >
> > You might be better off with:
> >
> >       if(dst.sat>0.00000001)
>
> How does that offer performance increase???

Generally, it doesn't.  It's a matter of accuracy
in being able to determine if the destination color
is greyscale. This is just a possible bug that popped
into my head while thinking about the code, nothing more.

(a Mac handles this well, but a PC has a variable
number of fraction bits because of the truncation
that occurs when an 80-bit float is spilled to a
64-bit stack location)

There could be a place where something like the
above would send the code around for a loop though.