On Nov 9, 5:42 pm, "Thomas Allen Heald, Esquire"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Are we talking about the "Night Court" that starred Harry Anderson?
> > Because that one was irredeemably sleazy and smutty (and not in the
> > good sense).
>
> Emmy winning smut at that with Larroquette taking home 4 statuettes
> before removing his name from nomination.

I stand corrected, since we all know the Emmys are the ultimate
arbiter of quality, as the wins of The Practice, Picket Fences,
Richard Mulligan, James Spader, and Mariska Hargitay will attest.

> And at the time about as irredeemable as "The Golden Girls" or "Hill
> Street Blues."

No comment.

> wiki: "in an early review of the show, Time magazine called 'Night
> Court,' with its emphasis on non-glamorous, non-violent petty crime, the
> most realistic law show on the air."

Certainly for fans of Mel Torme.

> >> I was (and am still) amazed how good that show was.  Again, they don't make
> >> 'em like that anymore. =(
>
> > Thank heaven.
>
> Yes, now we have the Emmy winning Judge Judy.

No comment redux.

--Dave Sikula