Bob in Jersey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Scott Mayerowitz, normally a business correspondent for the alphabet-net,
> must have watched that Food Network or Travel Channel show about
> gi-normous food items that they'll give you for free if you finish them
> within a reasonable time -- features the current behemoth burger at an
> Interstate-side joint a few miles from moi:
> http://abcnews.go.com/Business/SmallBiz/story?id=6353125

Some of you will remember than in 2004 I was the Dallas/Fort Worth
ESPN station's "King of the Wing" and won a trip to Las Vegas for
their national buffalo wing eating competition. I came in a close
second to Captain Butthead (yes, really) from Pittsburgh. I've been to
the Big Texas Steak Ranch in Amarillo but was not feeling well that
day so I had a fairly normal meal instead of going for the Big Texan.
Someday, I'd like to attempt it.

That said, the 50 pound burger thing is monumentally stupid. And
trying it with two people when the rules say you can have five?  That
crosses from profoundly stupid to probable cause for his employer to
demand regular drug screening as a condition of continued employment.

The pizza and the pancakes both look plausible (and at $12 for failing
the pancake challenge, it's a very low cost for failure) but the ice
cream thing should come with a medical team on standby.

--
Ed Dravecky III
who is foolish enough to share this picture with the group