Gregory has been my prediction all along, but may still be too early
to tell. I would like to see them go back to a moderated panel of
journalists (if they can find any actual newspaper reporters).

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/nbc/david_gregory_to_moderate_meet_the_pressmaybe_102106.asp?c=rss

"Huffington Post's Danny Shea reports NBC's White House correspondent
David Gregory will be named moderator of Meet the Press. But an NBC
News spokesperson responds, not to HuffPo, but to Politico's Michael
Calderone with this: "I don't know where they are getting this. We
have nothing to announce." Meanwhile, Gregory's agent Richard Leibner
would neither confirm nor deny the report when the NY Observer's Felix
Gillette asked. So, maybe David Gregory will be the new moderator of
Meet the Press, or maybe he won't be, or maybe he'll be part of a
panel, or maybe not. Stay tuned."