On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:48 PM, PGage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Jason Carpio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I have "I'll get to that show when i have time" syndrome
>>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/02/tivo.guilt/index.html
>
> I don't have any guilt about this at all. It sounds like Amanda Peet's
> problem is she does a lot of vanity recording and then can't admit how
> low her brow really is. If you don't want to watch "The War" then
> don't watch it, and stop recording PBS. With TiVo, you are better off
> recording what you actually want to watch, and not what you want your
> visitors to think you like to watch.

I don't know why this is limited to the TiVo. As the digitization of
media leads to a flood of free media, we are all going to run into a
time shortage where we load up on programs and just can't make the
time to watch/listen/read them all. I don't have this problem with TV
shows because I consciously don't tape what I won't watch within a few
days. On the other hand, my iPod is loaded with podcasts and
downloaded radio shows I never seem to find the time to listen to and
don't get me started on the pile of books I have yet to read.

Tom W