Steve here is referring to what I call "bone chilling cold" that makes
its way through your layers and skin.  I live about 3 hr drive EAST of
Sault Ste. Marie Michigan and I much prefer a day of -20C (-30F) and
dry, than -10C (teens-F) and higher humidity.

PGage: layers are the trick.  Pretend you are going skiing and you will
be fine and prepared.

PGage: personally, I think you are nuts.  I got an email from
homeway.com (where you can book condos) and they were advertising
rentals available in DC.  My next thought with my wife was "why would
anyone ever *want* to make a vacation of an inauguration?".  I'll let
that secret reason stay with you :-)

/doug