On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And now, for the sake of keeping track of things, a few podcasts I
> have unsubscribed from:

> "SModcast - Quick Stop Entertainment" - Kevin Smith is one of my
> favorite screenwriters, and the DVDs of his public speaking tours are
> all funny and entertaining. I've sat through the last six or seven of
> his podcasts, and he has been stoned through all of them... to the
> point where he becomes incoherent. It is not entertaining. It is not
> funny. It is sad. To paraphrase the dean from "Animal House": Fat,
> stoned, and stupid is no way to go through life.

Someone e-mailed me and told me that Smith addressed the issue of his
being stoned during the Smodcasts in the latest installment, so I
downloaded it and listened to it. It seems I have not been the only
one to notice how bad they have gotten recently, though, at times, it
did seem as though he was quoting me verbatim when describing the
criticism. Smith's response to the criticism was that he (a stoned
individual) felt the Smodcasts produced while he was stoned were
funnier than the others. In summary, the stoned guy thinks recordings
of he and his friends getting wasted are funny. Go figure.