On Apr 3, 10:19 am, Joe Hass <hassgoc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only game I can think of that moved from 30 to 60 minutes was TPIR
> in 1976. They created a new game (the showcase showdown) to sort out
> the winners from each "half" of the show.

When TPIR successfully switched to an hourlong format, competing
networks figured that an hourlong game show was a sure path to
success. NBC expaned "Wheel of Fortune" and "Hollywood Squares" to an
hour, and ABC did the same with "Let's Make a Deal." None of the shows
worked in the expanded format, and they all quickly reverted to a half
hour.

And let's not forget "Fantasy" and "The Match Game/Hollywood Squares
Hour." On second thought, let's do.

-Tim