Both Casey Wilson and a spokesperson for SNL are denying reports she
was fired for being fat. But both denials are somewhat cryptic, and it
is not clear if they are denying that she was instructed by producers
to lose 30 pounds over the summer.

Perhaps to my shame, I admit to wondering if her weight was an issue
when I first heard she got canned. It's not that heavy performers have
no place on SNL, but it did seem like sometimes the roles she was
given clashed a bit with her size. OTOH they have a white guy playing
a black president, so there is no law prohibiting them from having a
heavy gal playing anorectic starlets.

The show needs a break-out female lead, and it probably was clear that
was not going to be Wilson, so it is understandable that they might
want to use that slot to try to find someone who might pop..

********************
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20303828,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Casey Wilson is laughing off reports that she was fired from Saturday
Night Live for being too fat.

"I had an amazing time on SNL, and these rumors are completely
untrue," Wilson, 28, tells PEOPLE in an exclusive statement. "And to
clarify, the issue isn't that I'm too fat, it's that I'm too phat. Can
I get a WHAT-WHAT!"

Earlier this week E! online reported that the curvy SNL star – who
joined the cast in 2008 and spoofed celebrities such as Rachael Ray
and Jennifer Aniston – got the boot after producers demanded that she
lose 30 lbs. over the summer and failed to do so.

A rep for the show tells PEOPLE, "there is absolutely no truth" to the reports.