On Oct 5, 10:45 pm, PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One of my dirty little secrets is that I have never seen a single
> episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. So many people have told me to watch
> it (I have a sister who has almost disowned me because I don't watch
> it). I'm not sure why I never started, but after a couple of seasons I
> figured I would just catch it on DVD - but still have not gotten
> around to it.
>
> I decided this week was as good as any to get a taste of it (having
> seen Larry David interviewed a couple of times last week). It was
> hilarious, and it has definitely motivated me to put the DVDs on my
> schedule for either this winter or this summer.
>
> Having no real context for the show though, I am left wondering how it
> usually works. Is this Seinfeld thing an arc that will play out over
> several episodes, or was that the only time we will see those
> characters? I know from seeing Jason Alexander interviewed that he has
> been on the show himself in the past, but I don't know if this is the
> kind of show where the audience would expect to see David actually put
> the reunion show together in future episodes, or do they just move on
> to something else next week, like the Simpsons?

It's a multi-episode arc. Also, the stories that Larry proposed to the
Seinfeld cast members are plotlines from earlier Curb seasons.

If you have HBO On Demand, see if you can pull up the "Making Of"
video that HBO has been running for the last few weeks. It shows the
cast on the Seinfeld set, which is about 85% original. According to
the show, they were able to pull almost the whole thing out of
storage, except for the wall that had the apartment door, which Jerry
took home. There's also a new refrigerator, countertops, and a flat
screen TV.

-Stan