NBCU isn't the sole backer of Hulu, nor its sole provider of content, so what
might happen is a removal of NBCU content.

David

________________________________
From: Tom Wolper <twol...@gmail.com>

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... Hulu might become a fee-based service.
>
> So, we'd pay for the shows we want to watch and not give money to
> shows we don't want to watch? Hurray! A la carte!
>
> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-hulu5-2009oct05,0,980649.story?track=rss

When Hulu launched, the PR people said it was to become an alternative
to downloading pirated versions of TV programs. If they start
charging, they will be competing against free. Unless they bring some
additional value to the TV shows, they will lose.

The article says that Comcast looks at Hulu as a threat to their cable
subscription business so their purpose in charging for shows is to
drive people back to TV, that is, drive Hulu out of business.

Tom