On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:47 PM, PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The fact that they are desperate for Leno to come up with something as good
> as "Dancing Itos" just about sums everything up (that bit is what drove me
> away from Leno's Tonight Show for good). The hell of it is, they are
> probably right - Leno's ratings probably go up 20% if he starts doing
> Tiger's Dancing Skank Hos.

The difference is that 15 years ago people waited for the late night
comedy shows to get their humorous take on the news. Today there are
so many other streams of information/entertainment which can provide
humor before TV shows. The Judge Ito Dancers, the original name I
preferred to the Dancing Itos, was an apt comment on the absurdity of
the show the OJ trial was turning into. I don't think a topical show
gets that kind of time interval to reflect and show the event through
a distorted mirror. The jokes and alternate takes start to bubble up
through Twitter and the blogs moments after the event hits the public.

Tom