On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 5:07 PM, PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Steve Rhodes <srho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> No details, just a tweet and a headline at
>> http://www.thewrap.com
>
> Wow - I had the upper limit at 20M. They must have been even more worried
> about being found in breech than I thought - though I wonder if the staff's
> severance comes out of that.

I'd be surprised (of course, a lot of this has been a surprise) if NBC
offered severance to the crew of a cancelled TV series. I seem to
recall TNT did something along those lines when Robert Urich was
diagnosed with cancer while starring in "Lazarus Man" (anyone remember
that PR nightmare?), but I can't recall any other instance, and as
punch drunk as the network executives must be by now, I can't imagine
them wanting to establish the precedent.

An actor forking over some cash to the crew is, though uncommon, still
heard of in the industry. But does anyone know of a network doing so?