I saw this commercial during the Sunday afternoon coverage (after the
Olympics, during the cross country marathon on the West Coast). Maybe
they have been running it all week, but it is the first time I have
seen it.

I like this ad from NBC's POV - they have been pumping these shows for
the last two weeks (especially the two new ones) and now they put them
into a frame for people to find them (L&O Mothership Monday; SVU
Tuesday; Parenthood Wednesday; Seinfeld Marriage Show (whatever its
called) Thursday; Dateline Friday). I think their intro is something
like "After the Olympics, 10:00 gets more colorful". I don't quite get
the color tie in (is that a play on the old NBC peacock?) except right
after they say that they do show the black guy from L&O. I take it
this is a way to avoid saying "Come back to NBC at 10:00, we are
trying again". People were saying that NBC could not contract Leno to
3 nights a week (much less cancel him) because they had nothing else
to put on, but I never believed that, and I think this line-up is
already better than 5 nights of Leno. I think in April they bring back
FNL (I am not sure how or if that impacts this line up).

Not that anything will change for me personally. I have already
decided to never watch the Seinfeld program, and I won't watch
Parenthood unless people whose opinion I respect (including many on
this list) start raving about it. I get whatever I thought I might
like from Parenthood already from Modern Family, and, I suspect, with
a lot less earnest preachy-ness. Plus Ed O'Neill instead of the never
likable Craig T Nelson, two hot mamas, two funny gay guys, and three
children who pull off the near impossible of not being obnoxious TV
kids (I can't believe the same will be able to be said about the kids
and adolescents on Parenthood).

I haven't watched SVU since season 2, and I always TiVo L&O whereever
it lands, and I almost never watch Dateline. I will be consuming 1
hour of NBC per week at the 10:00 hour - though that is close to 1
hour more than I watched through most of the Leno Experiment.

I suspect most of these programs will do better than Leno, but not
spectacularly better - Dateline and Seinfeld probably don't have to do
much better, SVU was doing great at 10:00 before Leno almost killed
it, and L&O will be on NBC regardless through next season. Parenthood
is the real test for NBC - but even if it fails, the point will be
that they can't even hope to win if they don't play, and at least now
they are back in the game.