________________________________
From: PGage <pga...@gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Bob in Jersey <bob.in.jer...@juno.com> wrote:

>>Sure, especially given that the chain in question is primarily drive-
>>through, and Manhattan is the last place on earth where anything drive-
>>through would be feasible.

I am sure a major chunk of their revenue comes from the drive-through, but I
would not underestimate the importance of in-house business for In-N-Out. These
places have become huge "hang-out" spots for the high school kids and even the
young adult set. While most of the ones I know are oriented to our car culture,
I would think that if the put one in a high pedestrian area it would also make
a pretty good profit. The bigger barrier to getting one in Manhattan might be
that they don't charge enough for their food.

I know one college-aged Manhattan-ite who would spend a lot of her time and
dollars at a Big Apple In-N-Out...