Soap star loses sight in wine glass attack

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV/2010/04/13/Soap-star-loses-sight-in-wine-glass-attack/UPI-87911271211936/

MANCHESTER, England, April 13 (UPI) -- British soap opera actress
Charlotte Davies says her career may be over after she was stabbed in
the eye with a broken wine glass during a barroom tiff.

Davies, 25, has appeared on TV's "Coronation Street" and "Hollyoaks."

The Daily Mail said the actress was attacked and left blind in one eye
when she attempted to defend a friend arguing with another woman in
the bathroom at The Living Room in Manchester.

"I knew straight away I had been blinded. I am heartbroken and
devastated. My world has been changed," Davies told the newspaper. "It
has been my dream since I was very young to become an actress and TV
star. But now my dream could be finished. I just don't know how to
come back from this. I have lost all my confidence. I don't know what
the future holds. I'm trying to take one day at a time."

A 20-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of assault in
connection with the incident, the Daily Mail said.