I should not find this so touching, but when it comes to Jim Henson
and his creations, I just get mushy.

Three decades ago, Jim Henson stopped by 30 Rock to take a look at
some -- um -- unauthorized modifications he and his friends had done
to the building back in the days of the Jack Parr show.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37575033#37575033

This week, Frank Oz was able to revisit his handiwork and offer his
perspective as the last of Henson's old gang.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37575033#37574314

I'm glad the pipes are a part of the NBC tour. I'm glad somebody had
the good sense to preserve them for half a century. I'm glad there is
physical proof of a time when creativity had a place in television...
even if that place was buried inside a closet.