On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Joe Coughlin <inturnaro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Because for $15, you get three movies out at a time for as long as you'd
> like AND their streaming service AND you don't have to go anywhere to get it
> or return it. Redbox has its place, but it's not going to really hurt
> Netflix.

The two advantages Netflix says it has over Redbox is the large DVD
library and streaming. I'm a regular user of Netflix (95 movies in the
first year) and I prefer older Hollywood movies, foreign films, and
documentaries. When I'm at the supermarket I sometimes take a look at
the Redbox kiosk and I never see a movie available there that I would
be interested in watching. For those interested in the latest movies,
I can see why they would choose Redbox, but for my uses, Netflix is
the better service.

Tom