On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Joe Hass <hassgoc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You may know of a site called awkwardfamilyphotos.com. The URL
> basically tells you what the site is.
>
> Apparently, Ellen Degeneres' show liberated some of the photos from
> the site, and have topped it by calling out for pet photos, which
> falls a foul of the sister site...awkwardfamilypetphotos.com.
>
> The folks at AFP posted a letter (that could go on
> passiveaggressivenotes.com) to Ellen. And while I empathize with the
> general idea that everyone on a TV talk show is basically just ripping
> off Steve Allen, at what point do you start asking why have writers at
> all if there's no value to it?

I suppose the folks at "goodnight.com" can write letters to a whole
lot of people. Same with the folks at "shithappens.com"

You can't create a website with a commonly used expression, then
complain (however passive-aggressively) when somebody famous uses the
commonly used expression.

That said, to call Ellen's show derivative is a mssive understatement.