From: "PGage" <pga...@gmail.com>
To: tvornottv@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:22:59 PM
Subject: Re: [TV orNotTV] Pacino to star in Spector biopic for HBO

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Kevin M. < drunkbastar...@gmail.com > wrote:

Can I go on the record as saying that some biopics do not need to be
made? I'm sure everyone involved will win awards, if for no other
reason than their only competition are those Lifetime movies about
evil men and empowered women. But just because the murderer has enough
eccentricities that Pacino can embellish upon them is not reason
enough to tell the guy's story.

I am going to disagree with Kevin here - not that every story needs to be told,
but that this is one story that deserves to be told. I doubt they will glorify
or apologize for Spector, but his is one interesting and potentially
enlightening story to tell. He was a major producer of US pop culture in the
1960s for good and for bad, and either always was or somehow became basically a
monster.