On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 2:35 AM, PGage <[email protected]> wrote:

> **
>
> **
>
> Nice article in salon on Deadwood coming out in Blu-ray. I paste the first
> paragraphs below. I am still pissed at the Yankton cocksuckers who robbed us
> of the last 2 seasons of that show.
>
> My problem: I don't have a Blu-ray player, or a HD televison. My son does
> have a PS3, which I understand can play Blu-ray. Does anyone know if I would
> get the kind of new visual experience the article describes watching bBlue
> ray discs on a PS3 on a regular television screen?
>

Doubtful.  The PS3 definitely plays Blu-ray (that's the primary reason I
have my PS3--one or two games here and there, but its Blu-ray abilities,
plus the upconversion of standard def DVD's to 1080 quickly made it my
player of choice), but no matter how good the source material or the player,
you're still at the mercy of the monitor you're watching it on.  It'd
probably look a little better than it did before, but it's not gonna "pop"
the way Salon is crowing about.

-- 
-- 
Ben Scripps
[email protected]

-- 
TV or Not TV .... The Smartest (TV) People!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "TV or Not TV" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/tvornottv?hl=en

Reply via email to