James Hibberd is quoting TMZ, so take it with a grain of salt, but
supposedly ABC has made a $20M offer to Katie to participate in ABC
News programs and host a syndicated talk show distributed by Disney-
ABC to start September 2012--however, to give ABC-owned stations a
slot to put it in, the net is *supposedly* considering dropping
"General Hospital," to which I say, here we go again:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/05/couric-talk-show-bump-general-hospital/

Talks between CBS and Couric have supposedly broken down over Couric's
insistence that she continue to have a presence at CBS News
(presumably as a "60 Minutes" correspondent) and over the tone of the
talk show for CBS Distribution (she wanted a news-driven program, CBS
wants her interviewing celebs).