On Jun 23, 12:12 am, "Kevin M." <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Family is watching Fox 11 news in Southern California (KTTV) and they
> just aired a segment featuring President Obama's announcement of troop
> non-withdrawal. What was odd was -- and there is no other way to word
> this -- Obama's speech was remixed. The whole segment had a musical
> score with a peppy yet ominous backbeat. It was as though someone at
> Fox decided they would get more viewers if Obama's speech was
> something you could dance to. Is this standard fare for Fox
> affiliates? I assume because it was a national news story that the
> segment would have been farmed out to other Fox stations. Did anyone
> else see this? Was anyone else as baffled by the concept as all
> members of my family were?

Was this at 5 p.m., when the address was made?  Since my DVR picked up
the 10-minute (actually 15-minute) delay in programming for the speech
last night, I saw the end of Fox's network coverage at 7 p.m. CT.
There was no musical accompaniment and, as he usually is when these
speeches air in prime time, Shep Smith was in a hurry to toss it over
to Cat Deeley and "So You Think You Can Dance," so all he said was to
turn to FNC and FBN for analysis.

Sounds like something KTTV did.