On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Bob in Jersey <bob.in.jer...@juno.com>wrote:

> That's what this WaPo piece is suggesting... the league's TV deal
> usually stipulates that the visiting team's conference determines the
> network carrying it (AFC=CBS, NFC=Fox), but without this move CBS
> might have had too many games to cover:
>
> http://goo.gl/23MI8

CBS lost the Denver Broncos at Minnesota Vikings game to FOX on December
4th.  Per Adam Schefter at ESPN, the league is looking to do this more
often to see if they can get more money out of the networks when the
contracts come up in a few years.

It looks like the move was less CBS having too many games than FOX having
too few.  FOX has a double header day with only two early games before the
switch (Carolina at Tampa Bay and Atlanta at Houston).  This gives them a
third game early.  The late games don't work early - Giants-Packers is the
high coverage game, Cowboys-Cardinals and Rams-49ers are West Coast starts.

The NFC also has two of the three national games that week - Thursday is
Philly-Seattle, Sunday prime is now Lions-Saints.

OK - here's my question, before the season started, did anyone ever see
Colts-Patriots being sent out of the primetime slot to a 1PM start and the
Detroit Lions replacing the game?

TVG