http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ids-on-the-case-hires-letterman-extortionist-former-cbs-news-producer-joe-halderman_b103601

"“(SNIP) On behalf of *On The Case*’s production team, we have been
impressed with Joe Halderman’s professional accomplishments as an Emmy
award-winning producer for *48 Hours* and CBS News,”said *Scott Weinberger*,
the EP of  ‘On the Case,’ in a  statement. ” With the network’s prior
approval, the team has brought Halderman on as a producer for *On The Case*.
We are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the
success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine.”

With its crime focus, ” On the case” would seem to be a perfect fit for
Halderman, given his “48 Hours Mystery” credentials, and indeed someone
familiar with the situation says it was those credentials that made the
decision to hire him an easier one. (SNIP)"