No, he can't. I've listened to the retraction episode and Glass said that
he made it clear to Daisy in conversation and via email that they were fact
checking the entire piece and wanted to vet it for accuracy and Daisey said
he understood that.

In fact, in the first Daisey interview in this week's episode, he says that
he mostly feared that if he made it plain that there were parts that he
fabricated (not his word, but mine) then it would undermine the work and it
was something he feared. Then he lied to Glass and his fact checkers about
the availability and name of his Chinese interpreter.