On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Mark Jeffries <spotligh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And do they really think that Ailes is going to lay off of them because
> Caribou Barbie's hosting "Today" tomorrow?  As far as I'm concerned, I'm
> convinced that Ailes still considers FNC his revenge on NBC for dumping
> America's Talking and as long as he's alive and running Fox News, he will
> encourage his minions to attack NBC and its corporate partners whenever
> possible.

Since credibility seems to not be an issue at Today (for a while now), I
guess the only thing that really matters is how their ratings tomorrow
compare with GMA. I guess they will come out the "winner" - people who just
tuned into to GMA to check out Katie were able to do that today, and Palin
has  pretty large built in fan base, many of whom I'm sure almost never
watch Today, so she should give them a nice bump.

I was one of the curiosity viewers this morning at GMA. I thought Katie
looked great - better than anytime since she left Today. Was also reminded
how well suited she is for that kind of show (and, of course, how poorly
suited she was for a newscast). Her Evening News got much less horrible
after the first 6 months or so - but it only did that by making her much
less Katie. I am not a huge Katie-fan, but the truth is I pretty much
stopped watching Today after she left (I gave MV a few weeks try, then only
checked in sporadically when news seemed to warrant it, which is less and
less every year; I actually forgot that Anne Curry is one of the anchors
there now until reminded by a story related).