Paul releases statement debunking the non-story:

“In an interview with a reporter, I made two unrelated points which, joined
together, seem to say something that isn’t true. It’s true that the show
was recently extended for two years, and yes, someday when it’s all over, I
will most likely take a nap. But I hope that day never comes. As long as
the show goes on, I will be there for as long as Dave wants me on it.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/paul_dave_split_4uZEKszNrL6ylG5F5n4SQP?fb_comment_id=fbc_494563010555691_5954728_494760133869312#f3fc0cfec8