Not sure if you made it up for the end of the show, but "Hotel Fees" and
"Last Call" were both hysterical.  "Hotel Fees" felt like an old-school
Monty Python sketch ("Argon, sir. It's a noble gas." "I didn't have any
argon." "It's odorless and colorless - how can you be sure?") and the comic
timing between CK and Bobby Moynihan was spot-on.  Also, I travel quite a
bit, so I've had to deal with hotel clerks like the one CK was playing.

The thing about "Australian Film Legends" was that it was supposed to be
playing up Aussie's supposed lack of subtlety and tact.  Supposedly it was
the 12:50 sketch in the dress rehearsal and got moved up due to audience
reactions.  Frankly, the only thing that saved the sketch for me was Hader
& CK's Aussie take on 'Brokeback Mountain'.

The cold open may not have resonated with you if you haven't been paying
attention to Bloomberg's updates throughout Hurricane Sandy. But both the
translator & Bloomberg's spanish translations have been getting a lot of
play around the greater NY area (some have taken to referring to him as
"Bloombito"), so it worked for me.  Plus, it gave SNL the excuse to work in
Moynihan's excellent Chris Christie impression.

Agreed that standups should be able to deliver their monologue in standup
format; it you go all the way back to SNL's genesis, George Carlin didn't
do a 'monologue' as much as he did pieces of his act.  As long as it's
topical, it works well, so there's no reason not to let the comic have the
floor for 5 minutes.