I'm a big fan of The Amazing Race and have been purchasing the DVD sets that
have been released by
Amazon's Manufactured On Demand service. It's the only way they are available.
And every set I've gotten has
at least one disc that freezes, skips or the video breaks up. I never have that
problem with the regular DVDs
I've purchased or with similar MOD discs from Warner Brothers or other studios.
I just finished a 20 minute
online chat with one of Amazon's customer service reps trying to determine if
they've had other customer complaints
but, as expected, she didn't know much.

  From past experience, I've got to think the problem is with the way they
manufacture these discs.
The glitches don't seem to occur at the same places when I get replacements and
I've eventually been
able to piece together complete non-defective sets. But it's been a hassle.

  Has anybody else had similar problems with Amazon's MOD discs?