On 27 November 2012 17:28, Mark Jeffries <spotligh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's no particular secret that some networks do on-the-fly sweetening on
> sports events to make the crowd sound bigger, just like awards shows and
> reality comp talent shows do on-the-fly sweetening--although I suspect that
> the Canadians don't do it.  Which network televised the Lions game last
> year?

Not just to make the crowds seem bigger. ESPN more than once had to cut off
the crowd mics and insert artificial sweetening at my alma mater's football
games because we weren't afraid to use a well-known barnyard epithet to
describe decisions by the officials that we disagreed with.

--
David J. Lynch
djly...@gmail.com