On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:36 AM, Jon Delfin <jondel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:04 AM, PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Anyone know the name of the singer/song at the close of this week's
> >> episode? Almost Sheryl Crow, but I don't think it is her.
> >

> > Was it this: "Not Alone" by Patty Griffin?
> >
> http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&index=digital-music&keywords=Patty%20Griffin%20Not%20Alone
> >
> > I just watched a few off my DVR, and I am forgetting which was the last
> one,
> > but I think this is it.
>
> Yup. It caught my ear as well, and putting a line of the lyric into
> Google brought it home.

I was not familiar with her, but as soon as I heard it on the episode I
went and found it and downloaded it. That is how I found Eva Cassidy years
ago (I know I was long behind the curve on that too) - I think they played
her kind of jazzy version of "Wade in the Water" on CSI or something in the
background - maybe playing on someone's stereo in their apartment, and I
fell in love just with the brief bit they used and got her whole album
which as I recall I could not even find on iTunes in those days.

I guess if my musical horizons were a little broader I would not need CBS
procedurals to turn me on to songs I might like, but I will accept that I
am in their target demo.