On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM, David Bruggeman <bru...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> While there's no denying the sense of humor to I Spy, I think it was more
> serious and less gadget-laden than UNCLE.
>
> That doesn't amend the fact that I couldn't stand more than a minute or
> two of the I Spy movie with Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson.  Sadly, I think
> the two of them could have done better with a script that hewed closer to
> the series setup

That I Spy film is on my list of the worst movies ever made (Category: Mass
market films apparently intended to be good in some sense). Wilson was near
his charming best at the time that film was made, and Murphy may already
have gone to seed a bit, but seemed capable of pulling it off. I went to
see it very excited and 10 minutes in was nauseated and enraged.