On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM, David Bruggeman <bru...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I guess my only reaction to this is to wonder how Leno appears to be the
> only major talk show host in memory (discounting the Comedy Central boys)
> to not have his personal life receive more than a modicum of scrutiny.  It
> probably has something to do with him mentioning it next to never.
>
> Since Mrs. O is on a CBS show, will Jay wait to talk about it until the
> next time she comes to visit?  I don't know, but it probably depends on
> whether a guest brings it up to him.

This is not a new revelation. I have seen it mentioned years ago in the
context of Jay opening for musical acts before the birth of comedy clubs.
Her father was a rock promoter named Don Arden and Sharon worked for him
when she was younger.

Jay won't bring it up on his show because he does not see it as appropriate
even if it is in the public record. There have been a few rumors about
Jay's private life over the years, none gets much traction because Jay
keeps himself dedicated to work and cars and nobody thinks the rumors make
him more interesting.